Monday, February 4, 2008

money money money

There are several ways to make a living or a source of income. Some people choose to succeed through shortcuts or getting lucky well most of us will sit in a cubicle to make a steady pay check. The new innovative way to do this and make money is online. Everything now a day seems to has a self-service lane that is taking jobs away from people. Whether it be check out at Wal-Mart or getting your boarding pass from Southwest there is a computer that can do it for you. Fortunately there are still things that the old fashioned noggin can to better than computers. Mechanical Turk the online service is now a way for humans to work as guides to come up with relevant searches and make money for doing so.
If your already making money and just looking for a way to make more it looks like the online market is still the way to go. Nike now allows any Joe Shmoe with a computer to customize his or her own pair of fresh Nike’s. This will appeal to a huge audience and only profits can come out of it. I personally look forward to customizing my own pair after I finish this blog post. Nike has proven for years that it can stay ahead of its competition and now with a more technology savvy generation Nike still adapted and tapped into a gold mine.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

As I was reading this, I first thought how people are getting really lazy and how it's true that everything is being done on the computer. I then thought, well hey I'm different from a lot of people and would rather go out and get things done rather than doing everything on the computer.

As I went through the post, I noticed that about half the things you mentioned people do now, I do as well. I print out my Southwest ticket before I leave for the airport and I buy things online from Amazon (not Wal-Mart, but you get the point).

However, when looking at other examples, such as the Magic Mirror as I briefly mentioned in class, as well as phones, Skype, and the internet in general, most forms of communication are being dealt with using technology, rather than face to face. I think this is kind of depressing actually. I remember back in middle school and high school when I didn't have a cell phone and didn't use AIM that much to contact people, and I miss that kind of communication. Thoughts?

Carolyn said...

I agree with Kendra, but I think that face to face interaction will never cease.
I think that with technology there are downside and upsides. To me, there are more upside. I use technology for the majority of my everyday life. the only problem is it can be overwhelming.